ERA-NET Bioenergy is a network of R & D & I financing entities in the field of bioenergy, operating since 2004. The objective of ERA-NET Bioenergy is to contribute to the creation of a true European Research Area (ERA) by stimulating and supporting programme coordination and joint activities conducted at national or regional level, as well as among European organisations, and thus help to develop the common knowledge base necessary for the coherent development of policies. ERA-NET Bioenergy announces annual competitions in which international scientific consortia can participate.
The BIO_CCHP: “Advanced biomass CCHP based on gasification, Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC) and cooling machines” project was recommended for financing. The project has an international outreach. It includes 5 small and medium-sized enterprises, 3 research organizations and a university. The objective is to develop a novel trigeneration system, BIO-CCHP, including biomass gasification, a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) stack and a cooling machine with the aim to produce electricity, heat and cold (CCHP), maximizing the efficiency and flexibility of the system.
Consortium consists of:
- Graz University of Technology (TUG), Institute of Thermal Engineering (Austria)
- Bioenergy 2020+ GmbH (BE2020) (Austria)
- REPOTEC GmbH & Co KG (RPT) (Austria)
- SynCraft Engineering GmbH (SYC) (Austria)
- Highterm Research Ges.mbH (HTR) (Austria)
- Institute of Power Engineering (IEN) (Poland)
- Modern Technologies and Filtration Sp. z o.o (MTF) (Poland)
- RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Energy and Circular Economy (Sweden)
- Cortus Energy AB (CRT) (Sweden)